Cannabis Security Requirements: Arizona
DEM360 has planned and implemented systems in the following cities in the state of Arizona:
Total Facilities in AZ under DEM360 Cannabis Security Planning: 8
DEM360 has created a summarized finding of the state regulations for Arizona’s specific to the security requirements. The main focus of each security summary emphasizes access control, alarm system requirements, and video surveillance. This is not the entirety of the state requirements. To review your specific states requirements, please visit https://www.azdhs.gov/documents/licensing/medical-marijuana/dispensaries/dispen… or contact the state agency directly.
Access Control Requirements
- Security equipment to deter and prevent unauthorized entrance into limited access areas that include:
- Devices or a series of devices to detect unauthorized intrusion, which may include a signal system interconnected with a radio frequency method, such as cellular, private radio signals, or other mechanical or electronic device.
Alarm System Requirements
- Panic buttons in the interior of each building.
Video Surveillance Requirements
- Providing coverage of all entrances to and exits from limited access areas and all entrances to and exits from the building, capable of identifying any activity occurring in or adjacent to the building.
- Having a recording resolution of at least 704 x 480 or the equivalent;
- A video camera at each point of sale location allowing for the identification of any qualifying patient or designated caregiver purchasing medical marijuana.
- A video camera in each grow room capable of identifying any activity occurring within the grow room in low light conditions.
- Storage of video recordings from the video cameras for at least 30 calendar days.
- A failure notification system that provides an audible and visual notification of any failure in the electronic monitoring system.
- Sufficient battery backup for video cameras and recording equipment to support at least five minutes of recording in the event of a power outage.
5 Quick Tips for Your Cannabis Security Plan in 2021
From cultivation to retail you'll want these free tips to save your business time, money, and headaches this coming year.